Signal Hill Circular - April 30, 2021
Signal Hill Circular
for the week ended Friday April 30, 2021
We are honored to be living, working and playing on the traditional, unceded ancestral territories of the St'át'yemc Nation.
Reminder Next week: Mental Health Event “Keep the Beat for Mental Health” a community drum circle and activities to bring awareness to Mental Health during Canadian Mental Health Week.
WEAR GREEN for mental health awareness.
Learning Connections for our staff and students
Shane Jameson's creation using geometric shapes - cross-curricular inquiry and play based learning in action!
Applications are now open for the 2021 Student Art Award – please read on for important changes to the program.
Changes to the award process in 2021:
- Due to the ongoing uncertainty and public health orders related to the COVID-19 pandemic, 2021 award recipients will be decided by representatives from each school. There will be no showcase or portfolio viewing facilitated by Arts Whistler in 2021.
- Applications must be submitted by each student via the online portal. This allows Arts Whistler to still collect important information from each applicant.
- After applications have closed I will email you a complete list of applications and suggested jury criteria so you can make your decision on who the award recipient will be from your school. The winner must be picked from this list of applicants provided.
See below for a timeline of important dates for the award jury process this year. If you school is unable to meet this timeline (below) or any of the points laid out above please let me know by Friday, April 9. This may mean that unfortunately your school cannot participate in the award this year.
- May 9 | Student applications close at 5pm
- May 10 | Imogen emails submitted applications to each school
- May 10 - 18 | School (or school awards committee) chooses ONE winner for the award
- May 19 | School emails Imogen the winners name
- May 20 - 27 | AW makes arrangements for cheques, certificates and plaque engraving (if required)
- June 1 - 4 | Cheques and certificates are delivered to each school
All this information, award eligibility, and the online application portal can be found: artswhistler.com/artists-look-here/grants-awards-bursaries
Daily Health Check
Thanks to a new app, it's easier than ever for your students or their parents to complete their daily health check each morning.
Developed in partnership with Public Health and the BC Centre for Disease Control, and a group of students, the K-12 daily health check website and mobile app help students and families make the best decisions on whether to attend school, stay home, or take other measures. Questions and answers are easy to understand and are based on current health guidelines. All content is written with the K-12 age group in mind.
As indicated in the Provincial COVID-19 Health Safety Guidelines for K-12 Settings, parents and caregivers should assess their children daily for illness before sending them to school. Please share the information about the new K-12 Health Check App with your students and families to make this process easier.
Parent Advisory Committee
- To order online:
- Go to https://signalhillpac.hotlunches.net to register.
- On the home page, search for our school, create a new account, and enter the school access code which is currently SHE2020
- Add students by name and class
- Place your orders for the current session.
- All orders are due by Thursday of the week before the menu item is delivered. Order all at once for best efficiency. You can make changes online up to midnight the Thursday before.
- To order by paper:
- Contact email@example.com for an emailed order form or phone the office for a printed one.
Mental Health & Well-Being
VCH Information Update