Signal Hill Circular - January 21st, 2022
Kindergarten Registration (for those born in 2017) and Transfer Requests are online – go to www.sd48seatosky.org to the Families tab, then Registration tab, then How to Register 2022-23 tab. Follow the instructions under: How to Register
- We will have a school wide DEAR (Drop Everything And Read) session for 20 minutes on January 27th
- Encourage your child to participate in our “Look Who Was Caught Reading” promotion where students bring in or email a photo of them “caught reading” in an interesting, unique or unusual place that will be posted on the library bulletin board! If you do not have a printer, please send your photo to [email protected]
- Participate in our Family Literacy Bingo contest at home and then submit to Ms. Benes in the library by January 31st for a chance to win a prize! There are printed copies available in the library for those who do not have a printer at home.
- Additional activities are available in the attachment – Family Literacy Day Activities 2022
- For further information about children and literacy in Canada, visit https://childrensliteracy.ca/Literacy-Matters or https://www.scholastic.ca/readingreport/the-state-of-kids-and-reading.php
What Parents and Students Need to Know
Truth and Reconciliation
Skícza7ul’s Word of the Week
Wa xzúmstums i skelkèkla7lhkalha. - We honour our elders.
French Word of the Week
Parent Advisory Committee
Health and Safety
Staff, parents and students are regularly reminded of their responsibilities to complete a Daily Health Check and are provided with resources on how to complete one (e.g., the K-12 Health Check app)
RRT-Case Management and School Notifications, Ventilation, Masks: The RRT has developed the following FAQs to help support consistent messaging on the topics of: